Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 14:56:38 UTC

Multi select combo

Users want to select multiple values from a combo box. Because of a limited vertical space I cannot change it to a list box or grid. Can I have a combo with checkboxes? If yes What would be shown in the combo when multiple items being selected?

Thanks

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Re: Multi select combo

Posted by Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib <ev...@gmail.com>.
I once created a custom component per our Product Manager's request where a
list of check-boxes was displayed (using PopupAnchor) and the selected
values concatenation (with commas) was displayed in a text-area.
Clicking the text-area opened the list...
בתאריך 22 באפר 2016 15:56,‏ "mark goldin" <ma...@gmail.com> כתב:

Re: Multi select combo

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I will, thanks.

Re: Multi select combo

Posted by Vincent Sotto <ds...@gmail.com>.

Re: Multi select combo

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I see, not a bad idea.

Re: Multi select combo

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Re: Multi select combo

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
  Semi-related:

  A few years back a customer hired me to modify the Flextras
AutoComplete to allow for multiple selection.

https://github.com/Flextras/FlextrasComponents/tree/master/autoCompleteComboBox/Spark

  The code is available under the Apache license; but you'll have to
built it into a library yourself--it was done after I stopped updating
builds on the Flextras web site.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur