Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Sharon Krisher <sh...@netvision.net.il> on 2005/03/20 19:58:12 UTC

Extending Xerces-J validation

Hello all
I'm looking into the possibility of adding features of incremental validation to the xml schema validation provided by xerces. Is there a good resource that explains how schema validation is implemented in xerces-j and which classes I need to change in order to change how documents are validated? Also I'm wondering if xerces-j provides a way to load a document to memory (into dom objects), make changes in memory and validate the object representing the document. That is  - can I validate a document in memory, not as part of parsing it?

Sharon