Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/28 10:34:50 UTC

[FlexJS] npm install flexjs

I have this working locally.   If the user has npm and Java installed on
their machine, they can now simply do:

*npm install flexjs -g*
(or should it be npm install apache-flexjs -g?)

This will download all the dependencies (which has some bugs for now, will
get to that in a bit), register the asjsc and asjscompc files as global
binaries.

One issue I am currently facing is, when I do this:

C:\Users\omuppirala\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\flexjs\examples\native\USStatesMap\src>asjsc
USStatesMap.as

I am getting this error:
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC

This looks familiar, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any pointers?

P.S.  I will upload this flexjs npm module as a tarball on to my personal
site from where the rest of the folks can test.  Once we iron out all the
kinks, I will set about publishing the module to the npm repository.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [FlexJS] npm install flexjs

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
asjsc does not create an HTML file.

- Josh

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 1/2/16, 6:28 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >With the same exact code, on Mac, when I run:
> >omuppirala$ asjsc
> >/usr/local/lib/node_modules/flexjs/examples/native/USStatesMap/src/USState
> >sMap.as
> >
> >mxmlc seems to run but I am getting this error:
> >
> >/usr/local/lib/node_modules/flexjs/frameworks/flex-config.xml:83
> >unable to open
> >'/usr/local/lib/node_modules/flexjs/frameworks/{playerglobalHome}/11.1'.
> >/usr/local/lib/node_modules/flexjs/frameworks/flex-config.xml (line: 83)
> >      </library-path>
> >
> >Any idea what's going wrong?
>
> Is PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME set in the environment?  That gets mapped to the
> playerglobalHome token.

Thanks for the pointer!  I was not fixing up the flex-config and air-config
files as the Installer is doing.  Now everything works fine on Windows and
Mac!!

I will send out instructions on testing in the other thread.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.