Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2012/12/20 20:52:49 UTC

Test failures in trunk

Trunk revision 1378973 appears relatively stable, and has passed all
tests on Windows, Ubuntu and Solaris, there were 6 test falures on arm
(5 less than any other build tested).

I'm currently using a branch of revision 1378973 to refactor the qa suite.

The current trunk revision is almost stable, but still experiences 1 or
more test failures (depending on the platform), I've tried multiple test
runs.

I understand there's valuable new code in trunk, should we move what's
currently in trunk into the development branch and revert back to
1378973 until we can determine the cause of the test failures?

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Test failures in trunk

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Dan Creswell wrote:
> On 20 December 2012 19:52, Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Trunk revision 1378973 appears relatively stable, and has passed all tests
>> on Windows, Ubuntu and Solaris, there were 6 test falures on arm (5 less
>> than any other build tested).
>>
>> I'm currently using a branch of revision 1378973 to refactor the qa suite.
>>
>> The current trunk revision is almost stable, but still experiences 1 or more
>> test failures (depending on the platform), I've tried multiple test runs.
>>
>> I understand there's valuable new code in trunk, should we move what's
>> currently in trunk into the development branch and revert back to 1378973
>> until we can determine the cause of the test failures?
>>

> Yes, I think we should.

I'm a little bogged down right now, if someone wants to jump in and
assist, we need to copy the current trunk into dev so we can merge the
changes back in when qa refactoring is complete.

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Test failures in trunk

Posted by Dan Creswell <da...@gmail.com>.