Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2019/11/20 09:25:36 UTC

Cleaning the /src/dist/build/distributions directory before put the archives

Hello Vladimir,

With the new building process, the generated archives (zip, tgz and sign
files) are putting into the directory /src/dist/build/distributions/.
Currently, I have already make 2 release process (v5.2 and v5.2.1(rc4)),
and now the directory have the v5.2 archives files and the (future)
v5.2.1 archives.

In the old building process, the archives was put into a "./dist/"
directory, which was cleaning this directory before (ant task "clean"
into build.xml).

I think it's will be better to clean the distributions directory before
put the archives to avoid issues?

For example, after the building process for the 5.2.1 I doing a mistake
when I checked the signing files vs the hashes in the VOTE mail: I
seeing the v5.2 *.sha512 files instead of the v5.2.1 *.sha512...

Milamber

Re: Cleaning the /src/dist/build/distributions directory before put the archives

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 20/11/2019 11:07, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
>> it's will be better to clean the distributions directory before
>> put the archives to avoid issues?
> Extra files do not bother me, and I even compare them sometimes.
> The contents of src/dist/build/distributions is never scanned for the list
> of files to publish,
> and I see no reason to clean it every time.
>
> You can execute gw clean (or ./gradlew :src:dist:clean) if you want before
> the release.

Ok works fine. Thanks again Vladimir.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.