Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Thejas Nair <te...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/03/07 00:14:53 UTC

scope string in OperatorKey

What is the purpose of scope string in org.apache.pig.impl.plan.OperatorKey
?Is it meant to be used if we have a pig deamon process ?

Is it ok to stop printing the scope part in explain output? It does not seem
to add value to it and makes the output more verbose.

Thanks,
Thejas

Re: scope string in OperatorKey

Posted by Thejas Nair <te...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The id in OperatorKey helps distinguish between multiple operators of same
type.
What I am proposing is just changing the toString() in OperatorKey to make
the explain output more readable, (we can change it back later or look at
other options, if any future requirements make printing of scope necessary).

Ie
    public String toString() {

      return scope + "-" + id;

    }