Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/04/28 08:24:05 UTC

Re: JspGenerator (was Re: integrating c2 and struts)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:47:15 +0200, Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> Jon Brisbin a �crit :
> >
> > blah> I had similar thoughts, but the deeper I got into C2 the more
> > blah> I reallized
> > blah> that Struts does not appear to be neccesary.  You already get MVC type
> > blah> activity with C2 Actions, you get xbeans, you can create
> > blah> taglibs.  What more
> > blah> do you need?
> >
> > i guess i really like the action, form, and jsp bean approach in struts and
> > would put my  client for ejb session beans in jsp session beans, just like
> > the folks do on another project i'm working on...i would output xml in
> > jsp...
> >
> > i also wanted the flexibility to not have to completely re-write my
> > application if some version of cocoon changes again like the c1/c2 leap and
> > my app wasn't portable...just the front-end xsl transformation on that
> > one...
> >
> > i also wanted the flexibility of handling disparate methods of generating
> > dynamic xml for possible future projects, adaptations, and implementations
> > of my cocoon software...that way i can get xml source data from joe blow's
> > office/department through an isdn/satellite modem/cable modem/t1/lan/etc...
> > and still have one central cocoon front-end :-)
> >
> > blah> I originally thought that I was going to have to write my own
> > blah> Generators,
> > blah> but now I'm not so sure.
> >
> > i was just thinking that today, actually!  glad to hear i probably wouldn't
> > have to go that route!
> >
> > i appreciate your input, thanks!
> >
> > jb
> >
> If you want to use existing nice JSP taglibs like Struts (or, like me,
> the Jive Forum taglibs found at coolservlets.com) in C2, you can use the
> brand new JspGenerator that Davanum Srinivas (thanks for it, Dims) added
> recently.

Is JspGenerator functional? I briefly glanced at it and it appeared to
me as being only a skeleton. I was actually planning to do some work
exactly in this area, so it would help to know if somebody has already
picked up this task. Davanum, could you please confirm this?

Greetings,
Ovidiu

RE: JspGenerator (was Re: integrating c2 and struts)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Already done.... :) Look at the latest CVS.

-- dims

--- Jon Brisbin <br...@ipa.net> wrote:

> [...]
> blah> > > blah> taglibs.  What more
> blah> > > blah> do you need?
> blah> > >
> blah> > > i guess i really like the action, form, and jsp bean
> blah> approach in struts and
> blah> > > would put my  client for ejb session beans in jsp session
> blah> beans, just like
> blah> > > the folks do on another project i'm working on...i would
> blah> output xml in
> blah> > > jsp...
> blah> > >
> blah> > > i also wanted the flexibility to not have to completely
> blah> re-write my
> blah> > > application if some version of cocoon changes again like
> blah> the c1/c2 leap and
> blah> > > my app wasn't portable...just the front-end xsl
> blah> transformation on that
> blah> > > one...
> blah> > >
> blah> > > i also wanted the flexibility of handling disparate
> blah> methods of generating
> blah> > > dynamic xml for possible future projects, adaptations,
> blah> and implementations
> blah> > > of my cocoon software...that way i can get xml source
> blah> data from joe blow's
> blah> > > office/department through an isdn/satellite modem/cable
> blah> modem/t1/lan/etc...
> blah> > > and still have one central cocoon front-end :-)
> blah> > >
> blah> > > blah> I originally thought that I was going to have to
> blah> write my own
> blah> > > blah> Generators,
> blah> > > blah> but now I'm not so sure.
> blah> > >
> blah> > > i was just thinking that today, actually!  glad to hear i
> blah> probably wouldn't
> blah> > > have to go that route!
> blah> > >
> blah> > > i appreciate your input, thanks!
> blah> > >
> blah> > > jb
> blah> > >
> blah> > If you want to use existing nice JSP taglibs like Struts
> blah> (or, like me,
> blah> > the Jive Forum taglibs found at coolservlets.com) in C2,
> blah> you can use the
> blah> > brand new JspGenerator that Davanum Srinivas (thanks for
> blah> it, Dims) added
> blah> > recently.
> blah>
> blah> Is JspGenerator functional? I briefly glanced at it and it appeared to
> blah> me as being only a skeleton. I was actually planning to do some work
> blah> exactly in this area, so it would help to know if somebody has already
> blah> picked up this task. Davanum, could you please confirm this?
> blah>
> blah> Greetings,
> blah> Ovidiu
> blah>
> blah> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

RE: JspGenerator (was Re: integrating c2 and struts)