Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de> on 2013/06/24 14:12:08 UTC

Adding HTTP header settings if link is klicked

I need to place a link to an external url in my wicket page. The
external site requires some special http header parameters (e.g.
X-Redmine-API-Key) for authentication.

It it possible to modify the outgoing request an add the header
parameter?

Thank you

Stefan

AW: Adding HTTP header settings if link is klicked

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Yes! But then you have access to exactly tot he on wiki page that's in your url. Following on any other link in the wiki page leads tot he login page. Roumors say that this'nt the case when the requrst contains X-Redmine-API-Key in header.
But we found another solution by performing a secrt login with a hidden form.
Thank you all for answering.

Stefan

> I need to place a link to an external url in my wicket page. The
> external site requires some special http header parameters (e.g.
> X-Redmine-API-Key) for authentication.

Doesn't the external URL support Redmine's standard parameter "key"
instead of the HTTP request header, too?

	Joachim

Re: Adding HTTP header settings if link is klicked

Posted by Joachim Schrod <js...@acm.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

As far as I know this is not possible. The request is made by the browser
and you have no control on it.
You can set headers on Ajax requests but in your case you need to do cross
origin requests and this requires some additional work.
Google 'CORS'.