Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ufuk yılmaz <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID> on 2021/01/07 19:06:03 UTC

Converting a collection name to an alias

Hi again,

Lets say I have a collection named A.
I’m trying to rename it to A_1, then create an alias named A, which points to the A_1 collection.
Is this possible without deleting and reindexing the collection from scratch?

Regards,
uyilmaz

Re:Re: Converting a collection name to an alias

Posted by xiefengchang <fe...@163.com>.
I don't think you can achieve what you want---doing REAL rename.
why not just use collection alias? do you have any reason NOT to do that?

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.

Posted by ufuk yılmaz <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID>.
Hi,

Posted by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com>.