Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Stoffels, Ralf (FWI-AW2)" <Ra...@BVG.DE> on 2004/02/17 14:44:13 UTC

Prototype implementation for transitive dependencies [Code]

Hi,

I couldn't wait until support of transitive dependencies is integrated in
Maven.
So I wrote a Jelly-plugin for this. It is very slow because it is written in
pure Jelly
and it evaluates several occurrences of the same artifact again and again.
I hope there will be a Java Bean based solution integrated in Maven in the
near future.

My plugin requires that the project files of all dependant projects are
deployed in the
local repository, e.g. with:
    <artifact:install
        artifact="${basedir}/project.xml"
        type="pom"
        project="${pom}"/>
(please regard that all references to extended projects (like
${pom.groupId}) in the
project files can't be resolved after deployment).

I don't know if there is any place, where you can contribute self-written
plugins,
so I just attached it to this mail.

Best regards,
Ralf

p.s.:
The check for the 'jar.include' property is for another plugin, which
includes the
classes of certain dependencies in the jar file, to avoid too fine granular
jar files.

 <<plugin.jelly>>