Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/11 04:40:44 UTC

OFBiz Community Days – May 2020

Hello all,

We are back with OFBiz Community Days, hope you are excited too! :-)
The community days are organized once per quarter so a total of four (4)
events throughout the year.

We are having a sequence of 5 days that form the Community Days. This
extends the time frame and gives people more flexibility to contribute.
So, this month our Community Days will be from *22nd – 26th May 2020*.

If you are new to the concept of Community Days then please take a look at
the following wiki pages:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days+Dates

This is such an event where anyone can participate (and we would like to
encourage as many people as possible to do so)

If there is an OFBiz task or particular area that you would like to work on
then please see if you can set aside some time over the next few days to do
it. (Even an hour will help!)

Remember that you do not have to work on it alone, our Community Days are
also a chance to collaborate with others in the community.

Our Community Days are not only coding related, but we would also like to
do some tidy up of our wiki and our project documentation.

*Testing, Review and Committing Patches*
Testing and applying patches is always an important area. Many contributors
from the community have provided patches for bugs and improvements but
before committing them we need to test to them.

Patches can become out of date very quickly meaning that if they are not
tested early enough then they can miss out on being included. We have a
large number of patches available so this could be a good opportunity for
test, review and commit.

*Documentation*
We know that our current documentation could be a whole lot better so any
contribution that helps us improve it is welcome.

*Jira Sprint*
I will create a Jira sprint "OFBiz Community Day (May 2020)" so please add
any Jira tasks when you are working on it.
This Jira Sprint helps us track and report on the work done during the
Community Days so please try to make sure your work is included.
To set the sprint on an existing issue, simply click on the "Edit" option
on the issue and select the sprint field.

We should add the Sprint in all the cases:
1.) If we create a ticket we should add it.
2.) If we start working on an existing ticket (adding patch or closing it
after a commit) we should add sprint if it is missing.

Basically adding Sprint will make sure the contribution will be counted in
OFBiz community days event, which is from 22nd – 26th May.
At the end of May's OFBiz Community day i.e. after 26th May, this will help
us in reporting.

*OFBiz Slack Channel*
If you haven't already taken a look, our OFBiz Slack channel is available
all the time but can be especially useful when collaborating during our
Community Days event. Please join our room using the link below:
https://s.apache.org/ofbiz-slack-channel

To chat with users and developers of Apache OFBiz. Please create a Slack
account using this invite link <https://s.apache.org/slack-invite> and join
the *#ofbiz channel*. <https://s.apache.org/ofbiz-slack-channel> Please do
*not* ask OFBiz questions/discussion in the #general channel.

Let's all collaborate to improve OFBiz, have fun and enjoy working together.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Re: OFBiz Community Days – May 2020

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

I hope everyone is doing well in these tough times of the global pandemic
COVID-19.

First, a big thank you to all who participated in the previous OFBiz
Community days.
We had another good community days, and the community worked on around 12
issues, more details can be found here [1].

Please refer to this document [2] for the responses of the survey.
Our next community day is planned on 21st to 25th August 2020, and for more
details please refer to this document [3], stay tuned!

Be Safe, Be Healthy, Keep contributing!!

Thanks again Sharan Foga for building the assets and documentation related
to OFBiz Community Days.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=318&projectKey=OFBIZ&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=609
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/May+2020+-+Community+Day+Survey
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days
+Dates

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Your message has been moderated, else it would not have reached this Mailing List.

Please subscribe (again) to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client.

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Taher,

Well... Every member of this community can determine for him /or herself
where his/her contribution benefits the project best. So, looking forward
to your contributions during the Community Days. Wherever they may appear.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <ta...@pythys.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Carsten,

I copy your answer to the user ML, as I guess you expected to send there.

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Devanshu,