Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/02 13:52:42 UTC

[all] Is it ok to delete tags not voted upon?

Hello all,

I want to gage folks thoughts on this matter. If we are rolling a release candidate and find an issue after the tag has been committed, but before the vote has been emailed out, what should occur? My impression is to not delete anything pushed, but as Gary pointed out, this is indeed confusing. Do we have a standard in such instances? I see solid arguments either direction, so I’m curious what others think.

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [all] Is it ok to delete tags not voted upon?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
In the past we've had the opposite issue: tags being deleted for canceled
VOTEs. So for me, deleting tags that serve no purpose are a good thing.

Gary