Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Marcus Habermehl <bm...@yahoo.de> on 2008/02/03 01:59:47 UTC

Broken ant installation

Hi.

I have installed apache-ant 1.7.0 with jdk 1.6.0_04 and junit 4.4 on Linux.

If I want to use ant I get this errors.

$ ant -h
/opt/apache/bin/ant [script options] [options] [target [target2
[target3] ..]]
Script Options:
   --help, --h            print this message and ant help
   --noconfig             suppress sourcing of /etc/opt/apache/ant/ant.conf,
                          $HOME/.ant/ant.conf, and $HOME/.antrc
                          configuration files
   --usejikes             enable use of jikes by default, unless
                          set explicitly in configuration files
   --execdebug            print ant exec line generated by this
                          launch script

org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

$ ant -diagnostics
org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

Any idea what could be wrong with my installation?

Best regards
Marcus

Re: Broken ant installation

Posted by Marcus Habermehl <bm...@yahoo.de>.
supareno schrieb:
> Hello
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have installed apache-ant 1.7.0 with jdk 1.6.0_04 and junit 4.4 on
>> Linux.
>>
>> If I want to use ant I get this errors.
>>
>> $ ant -h
>> /opt/apache/bin/ant [script options] [options] [target [target2
>> [target3] ..]]
>> Script Options:
>>   --help, --h            print this message and ant help
>>   --noconfig             suppress sourcing of
>> /etc/opt/apache/ant/ant.conf,
>>                          $HOME/.ant/ant.conf, and $HOME/.antrc
>>                          configuration files
>>   --usejikes             enable use of jikes by default, unless
>>                          set explicitly in configuration files
>>   --execdebug            print ant exec line generated by this
>>                          launch script

>> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
>> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
>>
>> $ ant -diagnostics
>> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
>> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>>     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
>>
>> Any idea what could be wrong with my installation?
> what is the results of:
>
> echo $ANT_HOME ?
> echo $JAVA_HOME ?
>
> you could try this
> (in your .bashrc)
>
> PATH=/path/to/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin:$PATH
> ANT_HOME=/path/to/apache-ant-1.7.0
>
> export PATH
> export ANT_HOME
>
> after editing your bashrc, reload it:
> $ source .bashrc
>
> hope this help!

$ANT_HOME and $JAVA_HOME are correct.

But now I have found the problem. The .cmd files in $ANT_HOME/bin was
missing.

Best regards
Marcus

Re: Broken ant installation

Posted by supareno <re...@free.fr>.
Hello
> Hi.
>
> I have installed apache-ant 1.7.0 with jdk 1.6.0_04 and junit 4.4 on
> Linux.
>
> If I want to use ant I get this errors.
>
> $ ant -h
> /opt/apache/bin/ant [script options] [options] [target [target2
> [target3] ..]]
> Script Options:
>   --help, --h            print this message and ant help
>   --noconfig             suppress sourcing of
> /etc/opt/apache/ant/ant.conf,
>                          $HOME/.ant/ant.conf, and $HOME/.antrc
>                          configuration files
>   --usejikes             enable use of jikes by default, unless
>                          set explicitly in configuration files
>   --execdebug            print ant exec line generated by this
>                          launch script

> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
>
> $ ant -diagnostics
> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
>
> Any idea what could be wrong with my installation?
what is the results of:

echo $ANT_HOME ?
echo $JAVA_HOME ?

you could try this
(in your .bashrc)

PATH=/path/to/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin:$PATH
ANT_HOME=/path/to/apache-ant-1.7.0

export PATH
export ANT_HOME

after editing your bashrc, reload it: