Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org> on 2021/07/16 15:29:09 UTC

NiFi Registry -> NiFi

All,

Now that [1] is merged, NiFi Registry is now officially in the NiFi
codebase! Thanks to all who participated in discussions, reviews, and
testing. Here are some notes on what this means going forward:

- All future releases of NiFi Registry will be in lockstep with NiFi,
as of the current release version of 1.14.0 (rather than 0.9.0). NiFi Registry
artifacts are now built and published as part of the NiFi release
process. This will allow NiFi Registry to immediately benefit from
features in NiFi components (and vice versa).

- Open Jira issues in the NIFIREG project have been moved to the NIFI
Jira project, and Resolved issues with a Fix Version of 0.9.0 have
been moved to the NIFI Jira project with a Fix Version of 1.14.0.
Resolved issues for previous versions are retained in the NIFIREG Jira
project for the purposes of archival/history, but the project is now
effectively read-only. From now on, Jiras should be submitted against
the NIFI project with a Component of "NiFi Registry".

- Future PRs should be submitted against the nifi repo's main branch.
If you have an open PR against the nifi-registry repo, you can port it
to the nifi repo by adding ".patch" to the URL of your PR, downloading
the patch, and applying it to a branch in your fork of the nifi repo,
for example:

git checkout -b NIFIREG-406
git apply --directory='nifi-registry' ~/289.patch

There is an open Jira case [2] to make the nifi-registry repo
read-only so no more
PRs can be submitted against it, and we can update NiFi's PR template
to refer to NiFi Registry if need be.

There's still work to be done of course, contributions and PR reviews
are most welcome!

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/5065