Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/11/13 12:14:27 UTC

Re: [last call] setting up Subversion mailing lists (was: Two other issues to discuss for Subversion)

No objection from me for creating mailing lists and svn repo in the
expected final place.

<aside>
It's a bit of a pain for podlings to face a double move of both their
repositories and mailing lists when arriving at Apache. The rationale
for doing it has many aspects that IMHO don't apply to the Subversion
project.

That said, I expect very few projects to ask for this special treatment.

</aside>

Craig

On Nov 12, 2009, at 4:59 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> Joe Schaefer asked if he could set up the mailing lists this weekend.
> The discussion seemed to end, with no particular opposition, so I
> filed an Infrastructure ticket to track the creation of the mailing
> lists:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2324
>
> At this time, we're setting up just five mailing lists: dev, users,
> commits, announce, and private. All lists will be hosted on
> @subversion.apache.org.
>
> The Subversion community is still discussing the migration strategy to
> these lists. Various options[1] around auto-replies, subscribing one
> list to another, etc etc. We're also discussing the migration of the
> archives, which will happen at a later time. In discussions with
> Infra, we've determined that we can begin using the new lists
> immediately (and we will), and then we'll mesh the list archives
> together later.
>
> You can watch the Infra ticket, and I will also follow up to this list
> after the creation is complete so that you can subscribe.
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> [1] but "shifting subscribers w/o consent" is not among them :-)
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 14:27, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are two other issues to discuss for the Subversion podling:

>> * placing the source code at /subversion/ rather than /incubator/
>> subversion/
>>
>> We are hoping to minimize overall disruption to the community with a
>> move to incubator space, then a move to apache space.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -g

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

RE: [last call] setting up Subversion mailing lists (was: Two otherissues to discuss for Subversion)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I expect very few projects to ask for this special treatment.

Place your bets ...

	--- Noel