Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Carlos Ortiz <co...@coral-technologies.com> on 2007/02/27 18:32:53 UTC

Java.lang.NullPointerException in JCS.getInstance();

Hi i'm trying JCS for a web page I'm having a problem when i try to
intance a JCS class:

Java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.jcs.config.OptionConverter.findAndSubst(OptionConverter.java:289)
    at
org.apache.jcs.config.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java:167)
    at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseElementAttributes(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:438)
    at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:304)
    at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:280)
    at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:445)
    at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:384)
    at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getCache(CompositeCacheManager.java:371)
    at org.apache.jcs.JCS.getInstance(JCS.java:66)........

This is my cache.ccf

# CACHE REGIONS AVAILABLE
jcs.InformtationCache=
jcs.InformtationCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.InformtationCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.InformtationCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# Regions preconfigured for caching
jcs.regionInformtationCache=DC,RFailover
jcs.region.InformtationCache.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.InformtationCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200
jcs.region.InformtationCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=7200
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# AUXILIARY CACHES AVAILABLE

# Primary Disk Cache -- faster than the rest because of memory key storage
jcs.auxiliary.DC=
    org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=
    org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=d:\temp
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=10000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=300000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=7500
=DC,RFailover
jcs.region.InformtationCache.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.InformtationCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200
jcs.region.InformtationCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=7200
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.InformtationCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

Also here is the code:

    private static JCS IntiCache() {
        if (InformtationCache == null)
            try {
                InformtationCache = JCS.getInstance("InformtationCache");
            } catch (Exception e) {
                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

        return InformtationCache;
    }

for the record I'm using tomcat 5.5.X with SUN JDK 5 update 11 in windows.

thax for the help ;)

Re: Java.lang.NullPointerException in JCS.getInstance();

Posted by Carlos Ortiz <co...@coral-technologies.com>.
Same problem with

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

# sets the default aux value for any non configured caches
jcs.default=DC,RFailover
jcs.default.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

added to my cff

Posted by "Smuts, Aaron" <Aa...@travelocity.com>.