Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Irsan Rajamin <ir...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/21 13:19:33 UTC

porting hadoop in Android

hi guys,,, I want to running hodoop in Android (dalvik virtual machine) but
I have some problem with library or something else. there anybody knows to
solve this problem?

Re: How to start with Hadoop?

Posted by Palak Mathur <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to start with Hadoop?

Posted by Bijeet Singh <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Palak,

How to start with Hadoop?

Re: porting hadoop in Android

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Irsan Rajamin <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi guys,,, I want to running hodoop in Android (dalvik virtual machine) but
> I have some problem with library or something else. there anybody knows to
> solve this problem?

Far as I can tell, Hadoop was never implemented with the Dalvik
compatibility in mind (or even mobile telephony devices, for that
matter), and nor were most of its used libraries (but it might be of
interest to them to do so). I haven't heard of Hadoop being run on the
Android platform as well. [With the possible exception of [0]].

There's an alternative implementation for Map/Reduce called 'Misco'
[1] though, but it wasn't implemented for Android exactly. Maybe it'd
interest you to look into that.

[0] - Written on one fine 'April Fools Day',
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2010/04/pushing-the-limits-of-distributed-processing/
[1] - http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jdou/misco/

--
Harsh J