Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com> on 2004/03/30 17:10:25 UTC

Tomcat Realm/tomcat-users still open question

Well the last question didn't get a response so I will rephrase.

Given we want to use the default Tomcat Realm UserDatabase aka
tomcat-users.xml for authentication because we have other webapps than
Slide that we want to run on that Tomcat.

We thought (gleaned from the mailist) that we could add users by adding
them to Tomcat and assigning the "user" role to that user and then
creating a collection under /slide/users/ for each new user with a mkcol
newuser.

But that doesn't appear to work by itself.  Even though we know that the
Domain.xml data element is only used during initialization of the slide
stores ("Tx*") we added the user there as well as in the member set for
the /slide/roles/user element.

We Still don't see that user being able to do a put in a collection
where the acls show /roles/user having write permission.

We cannot find instructions on adding Slide users when using the Default
tomcat-users.xml UserDatabase. Is there anything different than what we
have done?

Michael Oliver

CTO

Matrix Intermedia Inc.