Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com> on 2014/02/28 00:09:44 UTC

Performance issues

Hi
   I have 5 test users all running a mixture s PC, Windows, Flash Players  all showing performance issues

Use developers running MAC see none of these issues

I made a change so the lesson is now added as a module, this will ensure a clean version every time, at the end of a lesson, is dispatch a message to remove the module

the uses worked on 5 lesson, all lesion complete in the same way,  with timing from instant to 12mins

anyone got any ideas how i can track down the problems, profile show not memory problems

Result Screen

var _ep:Event = new Event("lesonMoveToPips", true );  // the name of the event is the same as the Event = define above

this.dispatchEvent(_ep);

Navigation

_myModuleLoaderLesson.unload();

this.removeElement(_myModuleLesson);

this.saveWork();

function   SaveWork

       cursorManager.setBusyCursor();

  Server.saveUser(_uofsModel.user, networkErrorHandler, sucsessSaveHandler, failedSaveHandler);

function sucsessSaveHandler

// changes the view stack

_uofsModel.activeMainMeunScreen = UofSConstants.PIPSPAGE;

test results

Finish – 6 mins 24 secs

Left it for a bit and worked on chrome book instead – so it had a rest!

Finish – instant
Finish – instant
Finish – 12 mins 37 secs
Finish – 21 secs

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

RE: Performance issues

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Also, if you can have access to Adobe Scout,  it's very helpful because it can profile your app speed without slowing down the app.

Maurice

Use the performance profiler, not the memory profiler.

Re: Performance issues

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.