Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Daniel Valdivia <ho...@danielvaldivia.com> on 2015/12/29 00:25:45 UTC

How to collaborate to the website

Hi,

I'm new to stanbol so I have yet a lot to learn about it, but for the meanwhile I think I've found that the code has been moved from subversion to git is that right?

the official getting started from the stanbol website still suggest cloning the subversion and the git version does have slightly different instructions to get started (like how to skip the tests)

So I'd like to do a little contribution and update the official website if it's possible, I'm sure other newbs like me would appreaciate it.

if possible let me know how I can do it.

Cheers

Re: How to collaborate to the website

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Daniel Valdivia
<ho...@danielvaldivia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to stanbol so I have yet a lot to learn about it, but for the meanwhile I think I've found that the code has been moved from subversion to git is that right?

While there is a read only git mirror we still use SVN for commits.

> the official getting started from the stanbol website still suggest cloning the subversion and the git version does have slightly different instructions to get started (like how to skip the tests)

Year you are right. For people using the Git mirror the instructions
are not correct. Maybe we should add a section on how to build from
the git mirror.

> So I'd like to do a little contribution and update the official website if it's possible, I'm sure other newbs like me would appreaciate it.
>
> if possible let me know how I can do it.

The website is managed in the SVN

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/site/trunk/

Pages are written in Markdown. If you want to contribute just create a
JIRA issue and attack a patch.

If you want contribute to the README.md (e.g. [1]) just create a pull
request on the github mirror

best
Rupert

[1] https://github.com/apache/stanbol/blob/trunk/README.md