Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alec Cove <co...@kpe.com> on 2000/04/10 18:23:57 UTC

tag/ ssi

Does apache/tomcat support use of the <servlet> tag for server side
includes?

If so what is the file extension for the html pages (shtml? jhtml?)

Thanks in advance
Alec Cove

Re: How to map .js to MIME type to tomcat

Posted by Bryan Davis <br...@accessidaho.org>.
Add a block to conf/web.xml:

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension> js </extension>
        <mime-type> application/x-javascript </mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

Bryan

David Jian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to use a .js file for my javascript file. How can I map the .js
> suffix to MIME type "application/x-javascript" in tomcat 3x?
>
> Thanks
>
> DJ

Bryan Davis                 ACCESS IDAHO            999 Main St, Ste 910
http://www.state.id.us                     v:208.332.0102 f:208.332.0106

How to map .js to MIME type to tomcat

Re: tag/ ssi

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Alec Cove wrote:

> Does apache/tomcat support use of the <servlet> tag for server side
> includes?

Not at this point.  One option would be to try using the "Apache JSSI" servlet
<http://java.apache.org> under Tomcat to provide this.

> If so what is the file extension for the html pages (shtml? jhtml?)

You could map it to any file extension you wanted.  I believe the convention
for this is jhtml, but check the docs on the implementation you use.

> Thanks in advance
> Alec Cove

Craig McClanahan