Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dave Schoorl <ma...@cyber-d.com> on 2009/04/05 15:24:22 UTC

Component lifecycle question

Hi list,

I want to create the UI of a MarkupContainer after it has been added to
the component hierarchy, because I need to get to the Page for
information needed in constructing the UI.

MarkupContainer.onBeforeRender() just doesn't smell right and passing
the Page as an argument in the construction of the MarkupContainer is
too bloated. What is the suggested best way to accomplish what I want?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Re: Component lifecycle question

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
add everything in onbeforerender and add a flag so it only gets added once.

-igor