Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2001/09/07 23:11:40 UTC

axis soap - to use or not?

Hi All,

I've just come across your web page. I am currently working on a prototype
for a distributed application that will use SOAP for communication among its
components. My use of axis soap depends on the answers to the following
questions:

1. Is axis soap tightly coupled with the Apache Web server? Can I deploy
axis soap without the web server?
2. Are attachments supported?
3. What's its learning curve, is there documentation available?
4. Are there any known space/time efficiency problems? My prototype will
have SOAP messages large up to a few hundred KB. Time efficiency is a less
significant factor, if it's in a reasonable range.

thx
Alex