Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Iyad Elayyan <ie...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/17 09:30:40 UTC

SAXException: Content is not allowed in prolog

I found what's causing this wierd (SAXException: Content is not allowed in
prolog) error. the solution is to use xsd instead of (or with) the dtd in
web.xml
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-app_2_4.xsd"
    version="2.4">

I hope someone finds the time to fix xerces/tomcat if that's where it's
coming from. and I wish there was an easy way (jvm property) to turn the
absurd xml validation. anyhow to reproduce use jstl-examples (xml tags) with
tomcat and xerces. don't forget to endorse jdk1.4 with xerces and xalan.
--Iyad