Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leon Pu <le...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2005/12/07 19:21:27 UTC

Javascript file handling in Tapestry 3.0.3

Hi all,

it seems the javascript .js file has to be treated as xml in Tapestry
3.0.3.

But sine my .js file has been writen into xml and all javascript
functions are inside <![CDATA[]], the .js file becomes unavailable for
html impression edit and view.

I don't want to maintain two copies of .js file, one for html edit and
view which is the typical javascript file, another one is for Tapestry
which writen in xml format.

I tried to use xml external entity to include the plain .js file to a
xml which used by Tapestry. But it seems I cannot put the xml external
entity to <![CDATA[]> since the .js file is not a xml file, there are
some special characters inside likes &.

So how can I handle javascript file in Tapestry application? Is it
possible to only keep on javascript file copy which can be used for
both hml edit and Tapestry?

Best regards,
Leon

Re: Javascript file handling in Tapestry 3.0.3

Posted by Ivano Pagano <i....@mclink.it>.
I think you can handle this using the import feature in the .script
tapestry file.
This way you can point at the same .js file for preview and runtime.

Leon Pu wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>could anybody give me a hint about the Javascript file handling in
>Tapestry?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>

>Best regards,
>Leon
>
>--- Leon Pu <le...@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>it seems the javascript .js file has to be treated as xml in Tapestry
>>3.0.3.
>>
>>But sine my .js file has been writen into xml and all javascript
>>functions are inside <![CDATA[]], the .js file becomes unavailable
>>for
>>html impression edit and view.
>>
>>I don't want to maintain two copies of .js file, one for html edit
>>and
>>view which is the typical javascript file, another one is for
>>Tapestry
>>which writen in xml format.
>>
>>I tried to use xml external entity to include the plain .js file to a
>>xml which used by Tapestry. But it seems I cannot put the xml
>>external
>>entity to <![CDATA[]> since the .js file is not a xml file, there are
>>some special characters inside likes &.
>>
>>So how can I handle javascript file in Tapestry application? Is it
>>possible to only keep on javascript file copy which can be used for
>>both hml edit and Tapestry?
>>

>>Best regards,
>>Leon

>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>tapestry-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

*Ivano Pagano
**Analista Sviluppatore Sistemi Informativi
MC-link S.p.A.
*
Via Carlo Perrier 9/a
00157 ROMA
Telefono (+39) 06 41892424
Fax (+39) 06 41892474
Email i.pagano@mclink.it
<ma...@mclink.it>

/In software development, "perfect" is a verb, not an adjective. There
is no perfect process. There is no perfect design. There are no perfect
stories. You can, however, perfect your process, your design, and your
stories./
*Kent Beck*

Questa e-mail e gli eventuali file allegati sono da ritenersi
confidenziali e rivolti alle sole persone in indirizzo; vi richiediamo
pertanto di non diffonderlo ad altri se cio non è espressamente indicato.
Se il messaggio vi è stato recapitato per errore vi preghiamo di
distruggerlo e di volerci cortesemente avvisare.
Grazie per la collaborazione.

Re: Javascript file handling in Tapestry 3.0.3

Posted by Leon Pu <le...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Hi all,