Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Menelaos Perdikeas <mp...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/29 12:11:52 UTC

[ApacheDS] documentation on how to change the server port

At the following page:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/141-changing-the-server-port-for-ldap.html

instructions are given on how to change the server port for LDAP. However
the text makes some incongruous statements like "Changing the LDAP port is
a good example for adjusting the existing Spring configuration as
introduced in the last section." (how does 'Spring' come into play and what
is its relevance? nothing was introduced in the "last section" - there's no
"last section").

Then, the documentation advises to "just pick the 'ldapServer'-bean from
the server.xml file but it is not clear where that file is located.
Searching for the files installed by the ApacheDS deb package reveals
nothing:

dpkg -L apacheds | grep xml

Re: [ApacheDS] documentation on how to change the server port

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi,

As I explained on the other mail thread, the configuration now resides in an LDIF file, named 'config.ldif'.

To change the LDAP server port you need to modify the entry in the file with the following DN:
ads-transportid=ldap,ou=transports,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

For the LDAPS server port, the DN is:
dn: ads-transportid=ldaps,ou=transports,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

In both entries, the port is associated with the 'ads-systemport' attribute.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud