Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1999/04/16 09:23:27 UTC

mod_autodir and top-level

Just a little thing I've recognized today:

mod_autodir seems to _always_ put the "[DIR] Parent Directory" line and
hyperlink into the listings, even when the directory is the top-level
directory (http://foo/).  It's a consistent output, of course. But it looked a
little bit strange. Perhaps we should fix this and don't output the parent dir
link when we're already at the top-level where no parent dir exists.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

Re: mod_autodir and top-level

Posted by un...@riverstyx.net.
Doesn't it kinda make sense to output it?  After all, that's the way the
filesystem looks.  The root directory contains a parent directory which is
hard linked to the current directory.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet