Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/11/27 14:19:06 UTC

Draft message to announce the new release Apache OFBiz 16.11.01

Hi all,

I have created a draft for the message to announce the new release:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/PB78Aw

Please provide your feedback and help in editing/completing it before we
send it out in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: Draft message to announce the new release Apache OFBiz 16.11.01

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thank you Sharan

Jacopo

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Thanks Jacopo,

Regards,

Michael

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks,

Sounds good to me

If I get a chance before you use the file, I'll explain a bit what "source files" "de facto standards" are

Jacques

Le 28/11/2016 � 15:06, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thank you, it is great to have a short summary in the announce.
We could expand the "release notes" if we want to expand the information we
provide.
The link to the release notes is already in the announcement.

Jacopo

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilaments@gmail.com

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Jacques, Taher, Michael,

please feel free to expand the announce message with the items that are
important; considering that it is an announcement and not a user guide we
may consider to list the main features in a Wiki page and add the url to it
to the announcement.

Jacques, as regards your question about the start date of the release
version in Jira, it is the date when the previous active release branch
(14.12) was cut: the new release contains all the new features since that
date.

Jacopo

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 8:48 PM, Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Other changes which will have an impact on existing code bases, come to mind

  * Paths changes for Minilang, Java (main, test), Groovy and Freemarker files
  * specialpurpose is back
  * A lot of auto-engine use

BTW, why R16.11.01 starts at 31/Dec/14? https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/OFBIZ/versions

Thanks

Jacques

Le 27/11/2016 � 18:35, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
- Gradle

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.