Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Phil <pj...@mail.com> on 2002/08/05 16:17:57 UTC

coplet/sunlet as a form

I have created a coplet that gets the contents of an imap mailbox and displays
a list of mail headings (via a custom imap transformer).  I would like to be
able to do something like delete a mail item, or mark it read via buttons in
the coplet.  I am shooting for something similar to yahoo mail.  My question
is:

- It seems that the only thing that you can post back to and get the portal to
re-render is the something which calls sunspotcmd.  I would like to give
another transformer a crack at the posted information before the rendering
occurs.  How do I do this?

- If this is currently out of the scope of the portal framework, has anyone
given any thought to the matter, and if so are there designs for this
functionality being discussed?

- How could I help create this functionality?

Thanks in advance,
Phil Craven