Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 04:34:42 UTC

Does the MavenEmbedder Support Use of a Custom Life Cycle Configuration?

Does the MavenEmbedder support the use of custom life cycle configurations?
To explain a little of my situation: I have a components.xmlfile
configuring phases for the component
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping (using 'library' as a
role hint). I have a class invoking the MavenEmbedder.execute method, which
is installing an artifact using a pom.xml file that has packaging type of
'library'. When I instantiate my class, I see the following log message
(abridged):

[ maven embedder DEBUG] Nonexistent component:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappinglibrary
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot find
lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'library'.
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.findMappingsForLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1066)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleForPackaging
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:992)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:975)
 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:453)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
 at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
 at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:441)
 at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:382)

This exception occurs using maven-embedder 2.0.4 and indicates that
MavenEmbedder is not finding the 'library' configuration for the lifecycle
mapping.

Thanks,
Shane

Re: Does the MavenEmbedder Support Use of a Custom Life Cycle Configuration?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
The only activity for the embedder is on trunk. I have yet to merge
anything back because to be useful in an embedded situation many
changes have been made. All the IDE integration pieces are using
trunk and the first official and usable release will most likely be
2.1-alpha-1.

Jason.