Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Darren Hill <dh...@724.com> on 2002/10/15 19:17:59 UTC

Forwarding to a LookupDispatchAction method from a LookupDispatch Action

Hi All,

I have a LookupDispatchAction within which I want to forward to itself ( in
essence, its a search method that, once it found an company, redirects to
the 'edit' part of this LookupDispatchAction )

I've taken some baby steps by doing the following ...

<action path="/companyDispatch"
type="com.ormacdigital.contactm.action.CompanyAction"   name="companyForm"
		        scope="request"
		        input="/WEB-INF/pages/company.jsp"
		        validate="false"
		        parameter="submit">
       <forward name="one"
path="/companyDispatch.do?submit=Edit&amp;companyId=31" redirect="false"/>
</action>

But I obviously want to set the submit to a Local specific value and the
companyId to a found value.

Can I make this call from an Action.

What do I do to setup the next request?

Darren.