Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/26 19:23:56 UTC

Binding selection-list inside the repeater widgit

I'm having trouble binding a selection-list inside the repeater widget.
  When I replace it with just a simple text widget, everything binds
just fine, however as soon as I change it to the selection-list, the
binding stops working.

Has anyone run into this, I'm using cocoon 2.1.5.

Regards,
-Alex

Re: Binding selection-list inside the repeater widgit

Posted by beatejung <be...@online.de>.
Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 19:23 schrieb Alex Romayev:
> I'm having trouble binding a selection-list inside the repeater widget.
>   When I replace it with just a simple text widget, everything binds
> just fine, however as soon as I change it to the selection-list, the
> binding stops working.
>
> Has anyone run into this, I'm using cocoon 2.1.5.
>

> Regards,
> -Alex

hi alex,

i tried selection list within a repeater and it seems to work fine :-)

this is a part of the model:

  <fd:repeater id="furniture">
      		<fd:widgets>
		  <fd:field id="furnitureItems" required="true">
      			<fd:label>Bezeichnung auswaehlen:</fd:label>
      			<fd:datatype base="string"/>
			<fd:validation>
    				<fd:length min="2">
      					<fd:failmessage>Eintrag auswaehlen!</fd:failmessage>
    				</fd:length>
  			</fd:validation>
      			<fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/inventar-furniture"/>
   		</fd:field>
      		</fd:widgets>
    	</fd:repeater>

here part of  the binding:

   <fb:repeater id="furniture"
               parent-path="inventar/furniture"
               row-path="item">

   <fb:identity>
      <fb:value id="id" path="@id">
      </fb:value>
    </fb:identity>

     <fb:on-bind>

      <fb:value id="furnitureItems"  path="@type">
      </fb:value>

      <fb:value id="cnt"  path="."  >
                 <fd:convertor datatype="integer"/>
	</fb:value>

    </fb:on-bind>

  </fb:repeater>

binding did not work  on read if the bound value from the data source is not
exactly the same like you have used in the selection list.

i had trouble only because i wrote "beamer" in the data source and "Beamer" in
my list :-(

hope this helps a bit :-)
beate
--