Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2017/02/12 23:19:21 UTC

[FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Hi,

Harbs I think something goes wrong with your last commit. Could you take a
look?

[INFO] Executing COMPC in tool group FlexJS with args:
[-load-config=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/target/compile-js-config.xml,
-js-output-type=FLEXJS, -compiler.strict-xml=true]

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(45):
col: 31 Access of possibly undefined property WeakMap.

                    if(typeof WeakMap == "function")

                              ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(46):
col: 36 Call to a possibly undefined method WeakMap.

                        _map = new WeakMap();

                                   ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(47):
col: 36 Access of possibly undefined property Map.

                    else if(typeof Map == "function")//Map is supported,
fall back to that

                                   ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(49):
col: 36 Call to a possibly undefined method Map.

                        _map = new Map();

                                   ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(58):
col: 32 Access of possibly undefined property Map.

                else if(typeof Map == "function")

                               ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(59):
col: 32 Call to a possibly undefined method Map.

                    _map = new Map();

                               ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(165):
col: 28 Call to a possibly undefined method WeakMap.

                _map = new WeakMap();

                           ^

/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Flex/source/flexjs/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/ObjectMap.as(167):
col: 28 Call to a possibly undefined method Map.

                _map = new Map();

                           ^

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Build is still failing [1]. Can we do something with this?

[1] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-asjs/

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

I will try to exclude this class from asdoc.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
If Harbs will not have anything agains I will do that or maybe he will try to
resolve it.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I think we should fix the asdoc build rather than trying to rename things.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Personally I can invest my time into changing ObjectMap and move forward with
other things.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
How many folks actually use the FlexJS ASDoc?

Do folks have the cycles to make the ASDoc example a bit better?  The dual
branch is pretty much going to force us to give up on using regular Flex
to generate our ASDoc.  It might be time to just switch to the ASDoc
example until Chris or others get the DITA-to-HTML conversion working.  At
least more of us know how to change MXML and AS in the example than change
the compiler or tweak the XSLT for DITA.  And it would be eating our own
dog food.

Thoughts?
-Alex

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Harby,

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Am 15.02.17, 23:05 schrieb "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com>:

    On 2/15/17, 1:08 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >Just a short question … is it correct, that currently things are failing
    >for Ant and not Maven? (In contrast to this threads subject)

    Does the Maven build produce working ASDoc?

    -Alex

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/15/17, 12:48 PM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Based on the errors, I don’t think renaming them will be enough.
>
>One of the errors is on Map.delete (which we cannot change)
>
> [asdoc]
>C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-asjs\frameworks\projects\Core\src\main\flex\org\
>apache\flex\utils\ObjectMap.as(121): col: 32 Error: Syntax error:
>expecting identifier before delete.
>   [asdoc]
>   [asdoc]             this.delete = _map.delete.bind(_map);
>   [asdoc]                                ^

You might have been able to get away with:

	_map["delete"].bind(_map);

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Based on the errors, I don’t think renaming them will be enough.

One of the errors is on Map.delete (which we cannot change)

 [asdoc] C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-asjs\frameworks\projects\Core\src\main\flex\org\apache\flex\utils\ObjectMap.as(121): col: 32 Error: Syntax error: expecting identifier before delete.
   [asdoc]
   [asdoc]             this.delete = _map.delete.bind(_map);
   [asdoc]                                ^

I can just remove the whole class from CoreClasses for now.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I did exclusion, but not sure why it is not working.

Maybe Alex can shed some light - I did yesterday changes in config file [1]

[1] http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-asjs/commit/28ce9868

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
That’s the ASDoc problem. I thought you were excluding it.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
It should now be fixed. It was missing function binding.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,

This is my proposition for naming - taken from C# Dictionary:

delete -> Remove(key)
get -> GetValue(key)
set -> Add(key, value)
has(key) -> ContainsKey(key)
I see that there is no method for checking whether value exists, maybe it is
an good opportunity to have it: ContainsValue(value)
clear() - I would leave as is.

In my opinion also those methods should be same for COMPILE::SWF and
COMPILE::JS - even if we are not reflecting JS API. I wanted to be as far as
we can from JS naming world. :)

What do you think ?

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,

If you agree and won't have free cycles today I can do the changes. Sankar
is waiting for Ant build to test my fixes for ->
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35256

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/13/17, 10:14 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I can change that.
>
>I named the methods the same as the JS Map/WeakMap ones, but we can give
>them other names.

Well, if you are emulating a JS API, it should probably have the same
name.  A short term fix for the build is to exclude ObjectMap from the
ASDoc.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] maven faling (WeakMap)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.