Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nathaniel Domingo <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/06 03:48:30 UTC

solr cloud node stuck at recovering for days

Hi,

I'm very new to solr, less than a month. I just set-up a solrcloud cluster
last week and has encountered a problem. i have four nodes with two shards.
one node is stuck at recovering for days now. how do i go about fixing this?

Thanks

Re: solr cloud node stuck at recovering for days

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the connecting to ZooKeeper is "flapping". So as it tries to recover it keeps losing the connection to zookeeper and then trying again, and I don't have enough of the log to tell, but that probably just repeats and repeats.

I guess the network is probably not so fast and or the load and network are not working out so well…

Try raising the zkClientTimeout - see the FAQ: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#FAQ

It defaults to like 15 seconds. You might try 30 or 40 seconds. If that doesn't help, you have to figure out why Solr is having so much trouble communicating with ZooKeeper.

Are you using an external ensemble, a single ZooKeeper node, embedded ZooKeeper?

- Mark

Posted by Nathaniel Domingo <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathaniel Domingo <ni...@gmail.com>.