Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2011/10/03 21:17:01 UTC

Fwd: ApacheCon Vancouver Meetups, and other chances for your project to get involved

On 28.09.2011 Nick Burch wrote:
> If you're interested in hosting a Meetup, please list the idea on the
> Meetups wiki[2]:
>      http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsNa11
>  If you see one there you like the look of, bump up the interested count.
> Once we know there's enough takers, we'll schedule the meetup and help get
> the word out!
> Also, if you think that a company in your project area might be willing to
> buy some beer for your meetup, please ask them to drop Delia
> <de...@gmail.com> an email and she'll help them get that sorted :)

Any Mahout people (in addition to Grant Ingersoll, Shannon Quinn and myself)
planning to attend Apache Con NA?

> In terms of other chances to get together or spread the word about your
> project, there are a few other options. We're still seeking speakers for
> the Fast Feather Track, which hosts 20 minute talks about new projects,
> ideas and features. If there's something new in your area, sign up and let
> everyone know about it! Signup is here[3]:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_GB&formkey=dDR5ZEN0amFzZGVGdHVnQWpuSWM0bGc6MQ#gid=0

If you are a happy Mahout user and are planning to attend Apache Con - why not
put in a short presentation on your Mahout use case? I'd love to learn more on
what people are working on.

Isabel