Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com> on 2001/11/01 13:38:20 UTC

RE: Help: Tomcat 3.2.3 and IIS Win2000

I assume you looked at the Troubleshooting section of the
IIS "howto" document and checked what it suggested.

If you created the registry entries manually, I would
recommend renaming the conf\iis_redirect.reg-auto to
iis_redirect.reg and using it to create the registry
entries.  This avoid the possibility of typos when creating
the registry entries.  If you need changes to the registry
settings, like switching from uriworkermap.properties to
uriworkermap.properties-auto, edit the iis_redirect.reg
file and re-apply.

You are also welcome to try Tomcat 3.3.  Connecting IIS
and Tomcat is a little better automated and the documentation
a little more up to date.  See:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html>

if you are curious.  Should you try Tomcat 3.3, be sure to get the
isapi_redirect.dll from the 3.3 site.  The one from 3.2.3 will not
work correctly with 3.3.

Cheers,
Larry

Tomcat Architecture

Posted by ash s <sr...@wipro.com>.
Hi !
Can someone give me some pointers where I could get to know the architecture
of Tomcat.
One way to understand the architecture is knowing and understanding the
classes available in Tomcat and compare it with the servlet specifications
given by Sun microsystems.

If somebody could give a site which has already done this study, then it
would be great.

thanxs and regards
ashwanth