Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Chetan Kothari <ch...@oracle.com> on 2017/08/29 17:14:14 UTC

Querying Streaming Data using Drill

Is there any support for querying streaming data using Drill?

Presto provides out-of-box Kafka and Amazon Kinesis Connectors for querying streaming data.

Regards

Chetan

RE: Querying Streaming Data using Drill

Posted by Chetan Kothari <ch...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Anil

Can you please share more details of the approach here for querying streaming data?

Are we going to create table mapped to Kafka Topic here and pull data from topic at regular intervals?

Are we going to extract event from message and insert as row to table.

Data pushed to Kafka topic may be unstructured.

Are we planning to provide some mechanism through which user can define meta-data of message pushed to Kafka Topic?

Regards

Chetan

Posted by Padma Penumarthy <pp...@mapr.com>.
That’s great. Thanks for the update. Looking forward for the presentation.

Thanks,
Padma

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Padma & Chetan,