Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl> on 2006/04/14 16:36:11 UTC

[LIVESITE] Dutch Ministery of Finance: www.minfin.nl

Hi all,

I'm proud to announce the go-live of the new website of the Dutch Ministery of Finance, which is using Hippo CMS, which is, as you hopefully all know, running Apache Cocoon :).
Please see my (non-official) translation of the official Dutch press release below.

----- 8< -----

The Dutch Ministery of Finance has launched it's new website at www.minfin.nl [1].

The new website is using the open source content management system Hippo CMS [2]. This is in line with the desire of the Dutch government to migrate as much as possible to open source software and open standards by the end of 2006. The usage of open source and open standards raises the freedom of choice, cooperation and effectiveness of information systems.

The new website contains about 25.000 pages, and has around 10.000 visitors each day. A popular part of the site is the weblog of the Minister of Finance, mr Gerrit Zalm, which receives around 5.000 visitors each day.

----- >8 -----

This major achievement would not have been possible without the great work of the Cocoon community [3], for which I'd like to thank you all!

Also, I need to thank the awesome team of Cocoon developers that has been working so hard to get this job done on time: Ard Schrijvers, Bart van der Schans, Max Pfingsthorn, Dennis Dam, Jeroen Reijn, Niels van Kampenhout, Andrew Savory, Ugo Cei, Maurizio Pillitu and Gabriele Columbro... And of course all of the Hippo CMS and Ordina people behind the scenes.

Next up is the Ministery of Foreign Affairs; and we could definitely use some extra help on this one... In case you're looking for a really cool Cocoon job, please let me know!

Thanks, everyone!

---

Kind regards,

Arjé Cahn

Hippo

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466
a.cahn@hippo.nl / www.hippo.nl / arje@apache.org

[1] http://www.minfin.nl
[2] http://www.hippocms.org
[3] http://cocoon.apache.org

Re: [LIVESITE] Dutch Ministery of Finance: www.minfin.nl

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Good job! all! (goede baan! allen!  (? babelfish :):) ))

Simone

Arje Cahn wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm proud to announce the go-live of the new website of the Dutch Ministery of Finance, which is using Hippo CMS, which is, as you hopefully all know, running Apache Cocoon :).
>Please see my (non-official) translation of the official Dutch press release below.
>
>----- 8< -----
>
>The Dutch Ministery of Finance has launched it's new website at www.minfin.nl [1].
>
>The new website is using the open source content management system Hippo CMS [2]. This is in line with the desire of the Dutch government to migrate as much as possible to open source software and open standards by the end of 2006. The usage of open source and open standards raises the freedom of choice, cooperation and effectiveness of information systems.
>
>The new website contains about 25.000 pages, and has around 10.000 visitors each day. A popular part of the site is the weblog of the Minister of Finance, mr Gerrit Zalm, which receives around 5.000 visitors each day.
>
>----- >8 -----
>
>This major achievement would not have been possible without the great work of the Cocoon community [3], for which I'd like to thank you all!
>
>Also, I need to thank the awesome team of Cocoon developers that has been working so hard to get this job done on time: Ard Schrijvers, Bart van der Schans, Max Pfingsthorn, Dennis Dam, Jeroen Reijn, Niels van Kampenhout, Andrew Savory, Ugo Cei, Maurizio Pillitu and Gabriele Columbro... And of course all of the Hippo CMS and Ordina people behind the scenes.
>
>Next up is the Ministery of Foreign Affairs; and we could definitely use some extra help on this one... In case you're looking for a really cool Cocoon job, please let me know!
>
>Thanks, everyone!
>
>---
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Arjé Cahn