Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2004/03/24 11:33:24 UTC

Re: Change in RepositorySelector API [WAS:Contextual Repository Selector problem]

At 11:31 PM 3/23/2004 -0600, Jacob Kjome wrote:

>>Moreover, the exact implementation of the default repository does not
>>need to depend on the implementation of the repository selector.
>
>Maybe not, but what pressing need do you see for this?  Like I said above,
>things work fine for me as is in 1.2.8.

In 1.2 the RepositorySelector API was not developed to its full
capacity. In version 1.3, the RepositorySelector concept will be
useful out of the box without lengthy development effort by Joe
developer. Hence, the modifications to the RepositorySelector  API.

The particular change of adding setDefaultRepository method results in
cleaner code. (Instead of having a default repository in each
repository selector, there is one default repository which is created
by LogManager.

--
Ceki Gülcü