Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/05 03:53:34 UTC

[m2] maven-it-plugin - how to create integration tests?

Can anyone point me to any documentation on the maven-it-plugin?

I expect I've missed something but
- I can't find the plugin documentation at maven.apache.org
- there is very little in the mail archives about it
- googling hasn't really helped find the scm for the plugin either...

>From my fiddling it appears that you create a directory src/it/
and inside that directory create a new directory for each integration
test you want to perform.
The integration test kicks off the pom.xml file in this directory.

My question is: how do you then test the results of the maven build that is run?
Creating src/it/<test>/src/test/java/<junitTest> means that the test
file is run during the integration build, not afterwards

I want to run the maven-jar-plugin and verify that the contents of the
built jar.
Any suggestions on was to do this would be appreciated.

Re: [m2] maven-it-plugin - how to create integration tests?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
> - googling hasn't really helped find the scm for the plugin either...

I'm blind.

It's available at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/plugins/maven-it-plugin