Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@aql.fr> on 2007/07/20 16:14:39 UTC

version 2.2 final

Hi,

is cocoon 2.2 released ?

I ask this question because i am a bit confused that
the site http://cocoon.apache.org/ speak only of cocoon 2.1
the daisy site http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/ speaks of cocoon 2.2

and i just found the svn tag
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/ that meant
(IIRC) that cocoon 2.2 IS released.

Where am i wrong ?

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: version 2.2 final

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Raphaël Piéroni pisze:
> Thanks for the answers

No problem, I forgot to say why Cocoon 2.2 RC1 has not been announced, yet. We just want to wait for a new site because we really don't have
any official documentation for Cocoon 2.2.

I hope that we won't have to wait for too long.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: version 2.2 final

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@aql.fr>.
Thanks for the answers

Raphaël

Re: version 2.2 final

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Raphaël Piéroni pisze:
> Hi,
>
> is cocoon 2.2 released ?

Cocoon 2.2 RC1 is released (artifacts has been upload to Maven repository, signed etc.) but the actual release has not been announced, yet
(details below).

> I ask this question because i am a bit confused that
> the site http://cocoon.apache.org/ speak only of cocoon 2.1

http://cocoon.apache.org/ site is really outdated because we decided to rework whole site (including publishing mechanism) and put all our
effort into that process. You can see results (not that it's not official site or even resource and is published for development purposes!)
here: http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/

Unfortunately, people who were working on new site don't have a free time at the moment so development slowed down.

> the daisy site http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/ speaks of cocoon 2.2

Daisy is our documentation system and contains docs for both Cocoon 2.1 and 2.2. Docs for Cocoon 2.1 are in 'legacydocs', documentation for
2.2 is spread on cdodcs-* collections.

> and i just found the svn tag
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/ that meant
> (IIRC) that cocoon 2.2 IS released.

It may be confusing at the beginning because, in a fact, only cocoon-core module is released with 2.2 version. Rest is released as 1.0 (or
similar). It's done that way because starting from Cocoon 2.2 we decided to have independent release cycles for all blocks and other parts
of Cocoon.

So this tag in SVN is more container for other tags (specific to release of each part) than indicator of Cocoon 2.2 release.

I think it would be a good way of spending time to write documents summarizing project status, versioning policy and start to sketch "New
and noteworthy in Cocoon 2.2" page...

I hope that helps a little.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski