Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by LERBSCHER Jean-Pierre <je...@cofiroute.fr> on 2005/02/10 09:27:48 UTC

RE : Security Newbie - Need Help

Hi,
Could you verify  that you have declared your admin role in the web.xml
file.
    <security-role>
      <role-name>admin</role-name>
    </security-role>

Posted by Luke <lu...@lukeshannon.com>.
Hi;

Here is the roles table:

mysql> select * from roles;
+-----------+
| role_name |
+-----------+
| admin     |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

I noticed I did have a mistake in the realm declaration in my server.xml. I
had the wrong user table name. That is fixed this but still have the
problem:

      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
        driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/tomcatusers?user=user&amp;password=pas
sword"
        userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
        userCredCol="user_pass" userRoleTable="user_roles"
roleNameCol="role_name" />

I also changed my security declaration to have a realm-name in the login
config:

<!-- security -->
<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>fw</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
<http-method>POST</http-method>
<http-method>GET</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>admin</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<login-config>
<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
<realm-name>fw</realm-name>
</login-config>
</security-constraint>

The error is (which appears without a login window first allowing me to
authenticate):

HTTP Status 403 - Configuration error: Cannot perform access control without
an authenticated principal
type Status report
message Configuration error: Cannot perform access control without an
authenticated principal
description Access to the specified resource (Configuration error: Cannot
perform access control without an authenticated principal) has been
forbidden.
Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Thanks,

Luke