Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Rajadurai K <ra...@trigent.com> on 2004/08/26 10:48:36 UTC

i have the problem iwth the collection descriptor and reference descriptor

hi All,
  i have the problem iwth the collection descriptor and reference descriptor

I have tow classes   say Employee and Department

Department has collection of employees
employee refering to a department

When i m trying to find department it has to find the collection of
employees in that department

but my problem is
   when i m trying to find the dept its finding employess ant then its
finding the department for that employee
  then finding the employees for that department like this it s going on
infinitely.

i written the repository xml for that

with
	Collection Descriptor in Department

and
with
	Reference Descriptor in  Employee

in the Employee table i have a column which will refer to the Department
but i don';t have that filed in ValueObject. so i added anonymous field in
the repository xml
The name what i given for the anonymous field the same i given to
inverse-foreignkey field-ref

Am i correct or not about the way how i spicified in the xml file ?

Can anybody give the solution ASAP

with Regards,
Rajadurai

Re: i have the problem iwth the collection descriptor and reference descriptor

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Rajadurai K wrote:

>   i have the problem iwth the collection descriptor and reference descriptor

I have checked the issue in Scarab that you filed on this (OJB288) and cannot reproduce
any problems. I'm following up this issue on ojb-user since I think you will get more
people to help you there. (Se separate reply to this post on the ojb-user list.)

Regards,
  Martin