Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 10:00:43 UTC

Incompatible libraries in SugarCRM and Moodle for Apache

Hi Eugen,

we currently use the nuSOAP library in the Moodle and SugarCRM plugin.
Before we can release those plugins as Apache Incubator Packages we
will need to replace the nuSOAP library as its a LGPL lib and I think
we can't redistribute that as part of an Apache release.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/plugins/sugarcrm/6.x.x/SugarModules/modules/conf_openmeetnigs/openmeetings_gateway/lib/

I think we could implement a simple REST client that uses the php_curl
extension to perform the necessary API calls to OpenMeetings. So that
we have an almost 1:1 replacement of the nuSOAP lib with our new
implementation.

Other possibility would be to use existing hooks of Moodle and
SugarCRM, what do you think?

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
http://www.openmeetings.de

Re: Incompatible libraries in SugarCRM and Moodle for Apache

Posted by Eugen Schwert <eu...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, I understand. That's a good idea.

Eugen

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.