Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com> on 2007/04/02 05:11:06 UTC

Axis2 and Muse

I have just started to look into Muse. The first question I am trying to
get my head around is the
relationship between axis2 and muse.

Currently I have a web service working with axis2. I want to add
WS-Notification support to my service.
Is there an example of how to make an existing web service
WS-Notification compliant, using muse?
Do I need to write my service (and my wsdl) from scratch ? The tutorial
in muse web site talks about
writing a web service using muse, but I couldn't find any examples of
making an existing service (written in axis2)
work with muse.

Thanks,

Gul

Re: Axis2 and Muse

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Muse has an implementation of the various pieces of WSRF, WSN, and WSDM.
WS-resources (services) built by putting these pieces together can be
deployed on different SOAP engines, one of them being Axis2. If you want
to create a service that has WSN support, you just follow the steps like
those in the tutorial: create a WSDL with WSN definitions in it (i.e.,
adding the WSN operations to your WSDL's portType) and run wsdl2java on
it; the resulting application will have code/artifacts that support WSN
and any custom (non WS-*) operations you have defined.

If you use the sample WSDL from the tutorial, it already has WSN support
in it - you can comment out any definitions that you don't need (e.g.,
WSDM properties, WSRF operations). This is probably the easiest way to
create a WSDL, as making them by hand can be cumbersome, even with a WSDL
editor. If you add your existing WSDL content (your existing service's
operations) to your WSDL and run Muse's wsdl2java on it, it will generate
skeleton code for your existing operations. You could then reuse your
current implementation to fill in the code. The WSN support would be added
automatically via the generated configuration file.

Dan