Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/05/20 18:55:13 UTC

Packt Book - Publish on our website?

Hi all,

It appears that Packt has published their Apache CloudStack book [1],
and will be making a donation to the ASF for 2% of all sales of the
book.

They asked my off list if we wanted to promote the book on our website,
so I'm raising this question here.  I've found an example of another
Apache project that does this: Solr has books on their website [2].

BTW - if we add the Packt book, I'd also suggest adding the book that
our Japanese User Group's book [3].

Thoughts?

-chip

[1] http://www.packtpub.com/apache-cloudstack-cloud-computing/book
[2] http://lucene.apache.org/solr/books.html
[3] http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4798130583/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=247&creative=7399&creativeASIN=4798130583&linkCode=as2&tag=aaaaaaaeaeaea-22

RE: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

Posted by Kimihiko Kitase <Ki...@citrix.co.jp>.
Chip, thanks for picking up Japanese CloudStack book

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It appears that Packt has published their Apache CloudStack book [1],
>> and will be making a donation to the ASF for 2% of all sales of the
>> book.
>>
>> They asked my off list if we wanted to promote the book on our website,
>> so I'm raising this question here.  I've found an example of another
>> Apache project that does this: Solr has books on their website [2].
>>
>> BTW - if we add the Packt book, I'd also suggest adding the book that
>> our Japanese User Group's book [3].
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I'd see adding a book to the Web site as an endorsement. Are we prepared
> to endorse this book?

I am a few chapters in now (I just got started this morning) Let's get
a few people to read through it first.
Kelcey was one of the technical reviewers, so I have high expectations :)

--David

Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:02:10PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It appears that Packt has published their Apache CloudStack book [1],
> > and will be making a donation to the ASF for 2% of all sales of the
> > book.
> >
> > They asked my off list if we wanted to promote the book on our website,
> > so I'm raising this question here.  I've found an example of another
> > Apache project that does this: Solr has books on their website [2].
> >
> > BTW - if we add the Packt book, I'd also suggest adding the book that
> > our Japanese User Group's book [3].
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I'd see adding a book to the Web site as an endorsement. Are we prepared
> to endorse this book?

I have not reviewed it, so not personally (yet).

Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It appears that Packt has published their Apache CloudStack book [1],
> and will be making a donation to the ASF for 2% of all sales of the
> book.
>
> They asked my off list if we wanted to promote the book on our website,
> so I'm raising this question here.  I've found an example of another
> Apache project that does this: Solr has books on their website [2].
>
> BTW - if we add the Packt book, I'd also suggest adding the book that
> our Japanese User Group's book [3].
>
> Thoughts?

I'd see adding a book to the Web site as an endorsement. Are we prepared
to endorse this book?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?