Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 08:46:33 UTC

how to run tapestry5 app from Intellij 12

Hi,

how to run Tapestry5 app from Intellij IDEA 12? thanks,

Re: how to run tapestry5 app from Intellij 12

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 03:46:33 -0300, Angelo Chen <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> how to run Tapestry5 app from Intellij IDEA 12? thanks,

In the exact same way you'd run any other Java Servlet API-based webapp,
but now that's something off-topic.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Re: how to run tapestry5 app from Intellij 12

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de>.
On 11.04.2013 08:46, Angelo Chen wrote:

> how to run Tapestry5 app from Intellij IDEA 12? thanks,

You have to setup a web container, e.g. Apache Tomcat or Jetty. Then
select the artifacts you want to deploy and start the container with IDEA.

http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/webhelp/run-debug-configuration-tomcat.html
http://wiki.jetbrains.net/intellij/Creating_a_simple_Web_application_and_deploying_it_to_Tomcat

HTH
 Stephan

Re: how to run tapestry5 app from Intellij 12

Posted by Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.
Or you can create a class as following which you can found in the Tapestry
source code, then create a run/debug configuration on it. It's very handy
when you're working on multiple Maven modules in a project.

import org.apache.tapestry5.test.Jetty7Runner;

public class RunJetty
{
    {
        String contextName = args[0];
        String path = args[1];

        new Jetty7Runner(path, contextName, 8080, 8443);
    }
}

Posted by Jon Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.