Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2020/12/15 17:32:15 UTC

[X-Mas Gift] Panel discussion about Karaf 5

Hi guys,

Maybe some of you know that I started to work on Karaf 5.

I have something that it’s almost "usable".

Before sending a global discussion thread on the mailing list, I would like to evaluate the ideas & big changes I did.

I would like to know if some of you would be interested by a panel discussion call to introduce Karaf 5 (limited audience at first step).

The agenda of this call would be:
1. Pros/Cons about Karaf as it is today
2. Concepts in Karaf 5 (module, extension, …)
3. Building & running
4. Live demo

It could be recorded/webinar style (not necessary live call) for about 20 people at first step (both Karaf developers and users).
The purpose is to evaluate the direction.

Thoughts ?
Who would be interested ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: [X-Mas Gift] Panel discussion about Karaf 5

Posted by Daniel Las <da...@empirica.io>.
Thank you JB, I'm waiting for the schedule proposal then.

Regarards

--
Daniel Łaś
CTO at Empirica S.A.

Re: [X-Mas Gift] Panel discussion about Karaf 5

Posted by Daniel Las <da...@empirica.io.INVALID>.

--
Daniel Łaś
CTO at Empirica S.A.

Re: [X-Mas Gift] Panel discussion about Karaf 5

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Las <da...@empirica.io.INVALID>.
Hi,

--
Daniel Łaś
CTO at Empirica S.A.

Re: [X-Mas Gift] Panel discussion about Karaf 5

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yep!  This would be great, please include me on the invite.

Posted by Alex Weirig <al...@technolink.lu>.
Hi JB,

sounds great. I'll have to keep an eye on 5 then.

Thanks.

Mat frëndleche Gréiss, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Meilleures salutations,
Kind regards,
Alex Weirig
Responsable Technique Ville de Luxembourg Service Enseignement Centre
Technolink *Tel* +352 4796 - 6127 <tel:+35247966127> *Fax* +352 42 88 81
*Email* alex.weirig@technolink.lu <ma...@technolink.lu>
www.vdl.lu <http://www.vdl.lu> // www.technolink.lu
<http://www.technolink.lu> Centre Technolink 2, rue Charles de Tornaco
L-2623 LUXEMBOURG

//indoors.this.blesses
<https://map.what3words.com/indoors.this.blesses>
//schaufel.besten.kopie
<https://map.what3words.com/schaufel.besten.kopie>
//supposons.levage.venger
<https://map.what3words.com/supposons.levage.venger>
On 17/12/2020 17:08, Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Once you've done it, you better take note of it, because next time
>> you setup a new karaf instance you might have to figure it out again.
>> But maybe in the mean time, Aries has changed a couple of things,
>> versions have changed (for sure) etc.
>>

>> Isn't it so much easier on our smartphones and even computers? ... We
>> go to the app store, search for an app and once we've bought it, if
>> we want to re-install it, it's still there, probably even with a new
>> version.
>>

>> Now, I'm not asking for a karaf app store but what about a "wizard"
>> where you can pick from some of the most common use cases we all love
>> to see running in our karaf instances.
>>
>> This could be some kind of a list:
>>
>>   * DS
>>   * Webconsole
>>   * JAX-RS with Whiteboard
>>   * JPA ...
>>   * Blueprint ...
>>   * your favorites here
>>
>> and you pick what you need and karaf (somehow) knows what repos to
>> add and what to install from the repos.
>>
>> Seconds later, you get your new karaf instance up and running.
>>

>> Is there anyone else thinking that this could be useful or am I the
>> only one struggling with these issues? That would be my Xmas wish for
>> Karaf 5.x.
>>

>> Merry Xmas and a wonderful healthy Happy New Year 2021 to all of you.
>> Take care and stay healthy.
>>
>> Mat frëndleche Gréiss, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Meilleures
>> salutations, Kind regards,
>> Alex Weirig
>> Responsable Technique Ville de Luxembourg Service Enseignement Centre
>> Technolink *Tel* +352 4796 - 6127 <tel:+35247966127> *Fax* +352 42 88
>> 81 *Email* alex.weirig@technolink.lu
>> <ma...@technolink.lu> www.vdl.lu <http://www.vdl.lu/> //
>> www.technolink.lu <http://www.technolink.lu/> Centre Technolink 2,
>> rue Charles de Tornaco L-2623 LUXEMBOURG
>> //indoors.this.blesses
>> <https://map.what3words.com/indoors.this.blesses>
>> //schaufel.besten.kopie
>> <https://map.what3words.com/schaufel.besten.kopie>
>> //supposons.levage.venger
>> <https://map.what3words.com/supposons.levage.venger>
>> On 15/12/2020 18:32, Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Maybe some of you know that I started to work on Karaf 5.
>>>
>>> I have something that it’s almost "usable".
>>>
>>> Before sending a global discussion thread on the mailing list, I would like to evaluate the ideas & big changes I did.
>>>
>>> I would like to know if some of you would be interested by a panel discussion call to introduce Karaf 5 (limited audience at first step).
>>>
>>> The agenda of this call would be:
>>> 1. Pros/Cons about Karaf as it is today
>>> 2. Concepts in Karaf 5 (module, extension, …)
>>> 3. Building & running
>>> 4. Live demo
>>>
>>> It could be recorded/webinar style (not necessary live call) for about 20 people at first step (both Karaf developers and users).
>>> The purpose is to evaluate the direction.

>>> Regards

Posted by Alex Weirig <al...@technolink.lu>.
Hi JB,

> [...]

>> <https://map.what3words.com/supposons.levage.venger>
>> On 15/12/2020 18:32, Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Maybe some of you know that I started to work on Karaf 5.
>>>
>>> I have something that it’s almost "usable".
>>>
>>> Before sending a global discussion thread on the mailing list, I would like to evaluate the ideas & big changes I did.
>>>
>>> I would like to know if some of you would be interested by a panel discussion call to introduce Karaf 5 (limited audience at first step).
>>>
>>> The agenda of this call would be:
>>> 1. Pros/Cons about Karaf as it is today
>>> 2. Concepts in Karaf 5 (module, extension, …)
>>> 3. Building & running
>>> 4. Live demo
>>>
>>> It could be recorded/webinar style (not necessary live call) for about 20 people at first step (both Karaf developers and users).
>>> The purpose is to evaluate the direction.

>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf5/tree/main/extensions <https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf5/tree/main/extensions>

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi,

Yes, we can name that a "Karaf-starter",  we already have some ideas on
some dev tools to do that (past DevX effort).

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Weirig <al...@technolink.lu>.
Dear all,

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Great idea! I'd be glad to join in reasonable hours ;)
And +1 for quick summary of the "state of OSGi".

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

śr., 16 gru 2020 o 00:43 Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Driessen <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi J.B. :)

as you already teasered me, I would love to join ;)

Kind regards,
Thomas

Oleg Cohen <ol...@assurebridge.com> schrieb am Di., 15. Dez. 2020,
19:03:

Posted by Thomas Driessen <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi J.B. :)

Posted by Oleg Cohen <ol...@assurebridge.com>.
Hi JB,

Posted by michael e <mi...@outlook.fr>.
Hello JB,

I'm interested.
Thank for your great work again.

Michael.

________________________________

Posted by michael e <mi...@outlook.fr>.
Hello JB,

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi,

I'm also happy to see all the user feedback around Karaf 5.

Thanks guys to help us to make Karaf better!

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Daniel Las <da...@empirica.io>.
Hi,

--
Daniel Łaś
CTO at Empirica S.A.

Re: [X-Mas Gift] Panel discussion about Karaf 5

Posted by Alex Weirig <al...@technolink.lu>.
Dear all,

Posted by Matteo Rulli <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I would like to participate very much indeed.

Thanks,
Matteo

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Oleg Cohen <ol...@assurebridge.com>.