Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Raj Janorkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/27 02:03:32 UTC

Setting gadget container

Hi All,

I am new to apache shindig and learning it since last 20 to 25 days, and
finally i decided to implement it because it is great. (but don't
understand the fully the concept of gadget and container communication)

I am currently using PHP for my website development and JAVA shindig for
gadget rendering.

I am  rendering gadget  using iframe dynamically  src to
*http://localhost/shindig/gadgets/ifr?url=http://gadgets.example.com/complex/amazon/amazon.xml
<http://localhost/shindig/gadgets/ifr?url=http://gadgets.example.com/complex/amazon/amazon.xml>*

with other parameters it renders fine no issue. But as i am using iframe i
need to *Auto Resize iframe, *but it is not happening. after reading
shindig doc i came to know that i need to build container.

1) Can i build container in javascript ? and make communication between
gadget and container? because i don't want to use TOMCAT for all my
website. So use apache PHP for website and just use Tomcat for gadget
rendering.

2) how i can auto resize iframe

3) how i can retrieve/submit user preferences from/to gadget to display to
user for edit.

It looks like i may be asking very basic questions, but if any buddy can
help me that would be really great.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Raj

Re: Setting gadget container

Posted by Raj Janorkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much that make sense to me now. It is exciting me day by day
and now i feel what a wonderful this Apache Shindig is.

Regards,
Raj

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raj Janorkar <ra...@gmail.com>.