Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Emmet Cassidy <e....@publitec.vnu.com> on 2000/07/10 15:42:55 UTC

Xerces-C on DEC alpha / VMS

Has anyone managed to compile Xerces-C ( V1.2.0 ) on a DEC alpha under VMS (
I'm using OpenVMS V7.1 )? I've compiled my code on NT and I'm about to start
compiling the same code on VMS, so I'm basically trying to get an idea for
potential problems that I may face here.

Regards,

Emmet

Re: Xerces-C on DEC alpha / VMS

Posted by Craig Noah <Cr...@ca.com>.
Emmet,

Good luck.  You are a brave man.  Your first hurdle will be path
specifications.  Remember, the path delimiter for unix and Windoze is a slash
(of some sort), but not so for VMS.  Also, gcc does not exist for VMS (to my
knowledge - same for gmake).  I gave up and found a much smaller validating
parser to port to VMS as opposed to trying to port the entire Xerces-C system.
If you succeed (or even find a working (reasonably compatible) compiler, I
would love to hear back from you.

Craig

Emmet Cassidy wrote:

> Has anyone managed to compile Xerces-C ( V1.2.0 ) on a DEC alpha under VMS (
> I'm using OpenVMS V7.1 )? I've compiled my code on NT and I'm about to start
> compiling the same code on VMS, so I'm basically trying to get an idea for
> potential problems that I may face here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Emmet

Craig Noah                  INTERNET: Craig.Noah@ca.com
Software Engineer

Computer Associates
1404 Fort Crook Road South     Phone:    (402) 291-8300 x 284
Bellevue,  NE   68005-2969     FAX:      (402) 291-4362